CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 3, 2008

The long wait

I woke up late this morning, kind of not in that examination mood and yes, today was my practical exam. I did prepare my self with all the possibilities of what type of question yang bakal keluar but i can't say anything except hoping for the best. We were divided into 2 different group, group A and group B and unfortunately i'm in group B. Why am i sad? It's because group A is going to do their practical exam in the morning while us (group B) is schedule to do the exam around 10am this morning. Bukan plang kami start exam around 10am, all candidate for each group are not allowed to see each other while the exam is in progress. Those yang sudah exam and belum will be saperated in a different room to make sure that those candidate yang sudah exam won't be exposing the question yang kana keluarkan. Smart move right? plus, handphone gi kana berkas tu.. cemana kan communicate ni? aiyo..


Group B which was di anggotai oleh me myself, Uncle Ahmad, Ain, Maida, Ak Ismail, Basil, Daniel, Elyceca, Eza, Zahir, Ebee, Kamarul, Shahrol, Mohiddin and Haziq. The second session for the practical exam started with the first group entering the exam room around 11am this morning, we're all were freaking out although we have done this before but the nerve is still there. Anyway, the first group that was Haziq, Shahrol, Mohiddin, Kamarul and Ebee. I can't say how they felt before the exam but i'am pretty sure that they are as scared as the rest of us (yg belum exam lah, yang sudah, adui, nyaman sudah makan dorg di kantin, jubo bnr eh!) The exam session for each group is around 30 minutes, each medical procedures took 5 minutes and with 5 stations are set and 5 students doing it at the same time separately, the total time is 30 minutes for each group but this time it took much long than it used to. I don't really know why, may be it's because the examiner and models are taking a short break or belum lagi prepare barang utk the exam.


It was 11.45am, finally the first group finished the exam and keluar dari examination room, the second group goes in which was Zahir, Daniel, Eza, Elyceca and Basil. this time, yes it only took 30 minutes for that group to finish their session but while waiting, me, Uncle Ahmad, Ain, Maida, and Ak Ismail just sat all together and starts to crack some jokes and scewring around with each other except with Maida, i don't really like her being in my group. Personal reason, no need to know therefore i just ignore lah.. malas tah ku ingau.. Anyway, the session become much more fun when Ak Ismail turned on his mp3 player and played this really nostalgic song by Lionel Richie - Killing Me Softly. Quite suitable situation to be playing such a song since waiting is killing us softly. GoD, i hate waiting, anxious ku oleh nya, plus kami lagi lapar, be-music sudah parut masing-masing kelaparan, mati, takut ku collapes during the exam. Trying to minimize the anixety rate within us, aku mulakan lah groove to the song followed by everyone else.. wah.. so much fun tadi, mcm bukan kan exam wah rasanya..



Sambil Menunggu

It was 12.30pm, finally it's our turn, we started going to the exam room and my nerve is starting to get into me. Damn it, i hate this, i started with station 2, Intravenous Infusion, the bell rang, and my nerve got me, i forgot everything, my therory just lesap from my head, but luckly i managed to remembered to collect and prepare all the items need except for the IV stand, shit kelupahan ku tadi, the examiner was Cikgu Agong, his very nice but if jadi examiner, his a butt. Gila strick kali ia ah.. mati eh.. shit.. tah banar eh.. everything is falling apart in that station but i did gather all of the equiptment needed for the procedure except for the IV stand. I did managed to answer all the question asked by the examiner despite ada gagap sikit..

Station 2 - I.O chart, this station wasn't hard, just some calculation but senang jua fail if salah calculation and i really hope my calculation is correct.

Station 3 - Medication Administration, quite an easy task for me since i practiced this procedure during my clinical internship d ward. I think i did alright for this station, hope i could pass this one too.

Station 4 - Dressing & STO, Alhamdulilah, i managed to this procedure within' 5 minutes, the examiner was Cikgu Sandy, one of my favorite teacher, i did managed to maintain the saterility and the aspetic technique of the procedure. Plus, i somehow over look my marking paper while Techer Sandy totaling my score.

Station 5 the last station - Oxygen Therapy, this one i can say that i did 50-50 cause i'm just not sure on how well i did this procedure but i did managed to answer all of the questions given to me by the examiner, i did mentioned all the safety percautions and what type of patient that requires O2 therapy.

Despite it all, i had such a great time eventhough it was a hard day for me. I left as soon as the exam is over. Once i arrived home, i took a short shower cause i was sweating tadi, mati eh it was really hot tadi when i left the college. Right after i took my shower, had my lunch, check my e-mail and went straight to bed, Woke up at 7pm and tarus update this blog. :)

With Love: Amirul

0 comments: