CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 24, 2008

REVIEW ON WARD 4 AND SAYING GOOD BYE

Yes, my internship in ward four is finally over but i’ am not so happy to leave the ward. It’s just i’m starting to get close and getting to know everybody (the staff and some patient of mine) yeah.. at first i seriously don’t like that ward but once i started my internship over there, all the rumours I’ve heard about the ward is soooo NOT true. The staff were really helpful and wanting to teach us the students all kind of medical procedures. I mean a some intense and high speed medical procedures such as Subcutaneous Injection, Dressing, Intramuscular Injection, Blood Transfusion, Male Catheterization, Intravenus Infusion, Dusting, Giving Nebulizer, Aspiration Of Naso-Gastric Tube, and performing an Venous puncture.

Those are some of the medical procedures i managed to practise in ward four. I hereby would like to say Thank You to my mentor Benny for teaching me all type medical procedures and giving me all the knowledge that i needed to know even though i’ve got a lot more to learn on Neurology. I also would like to thank Dr Noami, Dr Zul and Dr Joseph for teaching me all the knowledge on Neurology. During my interinship in ward four, not only i’m learning a lot about Neurology, i’m also learning a lot of things about the chest. As you guys know that ward four is a base for a Neuro and chest problem, yeap it all about our respiratory system including Tuberculosis. Speaking of Tuberculosis, there’s this one young patient of mine, who’s been infected by Tuberculosis at a very young age. I feel sorry for this kid but there’s nothing we do about it but to isolate him and prescribing TB medication which had a very strong side effect.

In ward four, I also had been given a chance to study about two of Brunei’s most common killer dieses which are COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Dieses), CVA (Cerebral Vascular Accident) together with its investigation, risk factor and its treatment. Huh, patient who have a known case of both COPD and CVA are pretty much have a very thin chance of surviving. I’m not speaking sesuka hati ah, I did my research, and from the statistic I found so far, it really is.

We was asked by our tutor earlier before we started our clinical that we have to pick a case for our case study and during my internship in ward four, i did saw a few interesting cases and after a few debats with my fellow colleage i managed to pick a case of this patient who’s been admitted for fall of aspiration for his hemathroax. This patient have a known case of COPD, CVA, DM , HYPOTENSEION AND COBG. So since he got a known case of both Cardio and Neuro, it’s just turn me on. You know how much i love Cardio.. hahaha and to have it link to Neuro.. that is like it have my name all over it. So i pick the guy with the Cardio and Neuro problem. Lucy Mau Minum. Ehehe i guess some of you know already know whom i’m talking about.

I really hope I’m able to finish my case study on time with all the chaos that’s been going on in my life with all the practical and written exams. Oh shit. I really have to prepare myself. I seriously think it’s going to be so damn hectic and stressful. So today is the last day for my internship in ward four but unfortunately i couldn’t come due to a health problem. I had a very bad fever today. I couldn’t even get up from bed apatah lagi kan drive. Fuh, i told my mom that i’m not going to work for today and thankfully she understood. Right after i told my mom, i text messaged my clinical supervisor Cikgu Sandy regarding my health problem and she somehow granted my sick leave.

Starting this Saturday, we’re coming back to the college for a week to do our revision for our OSCE examination. Right after our OSCE on the 3rd of March, we’ll be coming back to do our second rotation internship in Ward 9 an Surgical Endocrine and Neurology area for about two weeks. Actually it was for 4 weeks but since we are assigned to the clinic, the period has to been divided into two weeks in the wards and two weeks in the Clinic. As you know that i’ll be doing an internship in Cardio Clinic and Ortho clinic for the last two weeks of my second semester clinical internship. I’m looking forward to it. Hopefully i can learn a lot of surgical procedures in the ward nanti.

Last but not least i want to thank all of ward four staff and doctors for all your patience and willingness to teach us all the theory and taught us all the medical procedures that we needed to know.

Again Thank You.

With Love: Amirul

1 comments:

'Mizz goTHIX' said...

hey...itz yusra...kool blog!!~ bdw tatz funny da 1 wit da butterfliez in ur fwendx mouth..real classic..okzz.. c u!~`..xoxo goTHIX gurlx..