CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Relapse

Hye guys. Today nothing much going on. Nothing interesting to write about but I did experienced such an exhausting day. This morning, me and a few of my colleague went to see one of our community patient somewhere around Tungku area. And today is my first time interviewing a community patient as well as doing report regarding the patient current condition during the visit. 

I am quite nervous with the whole idea of it but when I think about it, it does help me to understand more about Psychiatric patients. What I meant about understanding their condition more is that I understand how actually a Psychiatric patient live. Evaluating their social outcome after the treatment and also to monitor their well being after being discharge from the Unit. Throughout my community visits these few days, I had found out that Mental illness is not something that can be cure overtime, it takes more than just medicine to settle the problem.  

So far from my observation and study, I also found out that mental illness patient have a high chance of relapse. And everytime they relapse back to their old condition, it takes more efforts to treat them back. But with all the new medical breakthrough, I hope this problem can be reduce as soon as possible. 

Also today I bumped into my one of my closest cousin during lunch time somewhere at the Hospital cafeteria. I asked her why is she at the Hospital and She then told me that she is also doing her clinical placement for her future course. But I'm not so sure what is she taking but one thing for sure, she'll be doing Bio Medical or Bio Chemistry. Which also means that we'll be in the same faculty in UBD. Speaking of faculty, as well most of you know (Bruneians) that College of Nursing is now merging with UBD and will be under the faculty of Medicine. I just can't wait to move into our new building in UBD. UNISSA students are starting to move in slowly into the college and I bet it is only the matter of time before they finally take over. 

I think most of us are glad that we were given the opportunities to be part of UBD and also to study at the one of UBD's most respectful Institute - Institute of Medicine, where all medical training are being taught for the future Doctors, Nurses and Bio Chemistry practitioners. 

Um, oh yeah, one more thing, last night when I was checking my e-mail. I'd received this disrespectful image of our beloved prophet which being portrayed by some game made by Denmark. I must say, as a muslim my self, this is quite bad and I would like to make a suggestion - for muslims especially, not to buy this product or even allow this product to be marketed here in Brunei. 

How disrespectful is this?
Get what I mean?
So do your part!!!

With Love: Amirul010

0 comments: